Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Convert Pulsed Signal From (-5 to +5V ) to (0 to +5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiques

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a function generator that outputs a pulsed signal but it goes from -5 to +5V vpp. Any relatively simple method that can reference this from 0 to 5 V?

Reference:
I have a Marconi 2024 AM/FM SIGNAL GENERATOR

Hello

I dont know if does worth to design a circuit for this is zou can use a clock generator rather.
Any way, apply your input to an op-amp open loop comparator. the op-amp supply voltages are VDD=5V, VSS= ground. you must choose the op-amp with enough slewing capability according to your signal transitions.

I have a function generator that outputs a pulsed signal but it goes from -5 to +5V vpp. Any relatively simple method that can reference this from 0 to 5 V?

Reference:
I have a Marconi 2024 AM/FM SIGNAL GENERATOR

That's what I figured, thanks for the confirmation.

If a "small" negative voltage is allowed you can consider simple resistor-diode clipper, as shown on the attached picture ..

:wink:
IanP

Attachments

• Clipper.png
    Clipper.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 105

If a "small" negative voltage is allowed you can consider simple resistor-diode clipper, as shown on the attached picture ..

:wink:
IanP

Hmm, adding a transistor with this seems like a nice work around.

Thanks!

If your waveform generator can sink a couple of mA, then this resistor network may do the job.

You need to apply 5V at one resistor.

The 1M resistor is not needed. It's only there to show the connection to the zero ground reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back