Convert integrator output analog 12V -> 0V to 0V -> 5V (analog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT_EE

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Convert integrator output analog 12V -> 0V to 0V -> 5V (analog)

I've got to convert the analog output of an integrator that sits nominally at 12V and goes to 0V for maximum drive ( the integrator actually goes to -12V but below zero doesn't matter). I have to scale this analog voltage to 0 to 5V. i have designed a Deboo integrator and realized that I would now have a reset problem so I designed a voltage scaler

To complete this I have an opamp that has +12/-12V supplies and the bandwidth of the circuit doesn't need to exceed 10kHz

Here's the LTspice circuit - The image on the left is without a zener to clamp the 0->5V output, the image on the right is with a 4.7V zener

Are there better ways to do this?

What issues might I run into with this implementation?

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose that I could just tie the positive rail of the op amp to +5V and the negative rail to ground, this would prevent out of bounds values on the output

Last edited by a moderator:

Your request is unclear. 12 to 0 >>> 0 to 5V inverts the non-inverting integrator.

Pls clarify and the requirements for clamping the output, as well as not exceeding the input common mode range of the Op Amp with a reduced Vcc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…