Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conversion rate ADC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnanda65675

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
adc conversion rate

im confused with various of definition ?
what is conversion rate ? is that conversion rate can be the sampling rate/freq?
Or is that sampling rate is clk speed ?
how if if a SAR ADC has clk speed of 24Mhz, requires 6 clk cycle to do conversion..so in that case what will be the conversion rate ?
How abt tis Ms/s & Mb/s ? is both same or differ ? Plz do clear me out

conversion rate of adc

hello,
that's a good inference
sampling rate - it is the rate at which the ADC took analog samples and digitize it. technically it is the rate in which the sample and hold circuit takes data

conversion rate - it is the rate at which digital signals, ADC outputs, are produce on a continous mode conversion. Normarlly, it will take a lot of clock cycles to do that. so in your case the conversion rate is 24MHz / 6 is 4 MConversion per second

conversion rate adc

thanks neoaspilet11,

how abt tis Ms/s & Mb/s ? is it same or different

conversion rate adc wiki

Ms/s=Mhz Samples per Second

but im not sure about Mb/s

maximum conversion rate adc

Could nybody tell me what is Mb/s ?

define sampling rate adc

MS/S means mega (milion) sample per second.
Mb/S means mega bit per second.
Mb/S = MS/S * n
n is number of bits per sample.
for example:
if samples is 8 bits wide, n is 8
and if sampling rate is 4MS/S then Mb/S= 4*8= 32 Mb/S

Regards

what is the conversion rate of adc

thanks for the info mr.Davood Amerion, ill appreciate much if u could help on the other question that i've been posted..about ADC timing diagram

conversion rate in adc

i think Davood Amerion's definition is right.
you canit define the performance of a adc only with the convert speed,you should also consider the resolution and which type it use.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back