Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling two linked systems using a PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven_arnold_85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
allen bradley 1747-l542b

Hello,
I am currently designing a control system to control 2 compressors. The current design uses an Allen Bradley PLC (1747-L542B 5/04 CPU - 32K mem). I am having a little difficulty with the implementation of the ladder logic.
The way the compressors work is that 1 compressor will pump up to the required pressure then switch off. When the pressure drops to a certain low level the other compressor will switch on and pump the pressure back up then switch off. The first compressor will then kick back in once again when the pressure drops below a certain pressure (and so on). To add complexity, if the required pressure is not achieved in 20mins, the next compressor switches on at the same time to pump up the pressure.
The Alan Bradley PLC that I am using is prgrammed using RSLogix 500 and this is where the problem occurs. I am not very familiar with this software. Would anyone be able to suggest a ladder logic (even prmitive logic which I can convert to ladder would be fine) which would comtrol the compressors in the afore mentioned way?

Thanks

search for logicad also you may find a logic digram programming software for alienbradly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back