Not open for further replies.

dsk2858

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I deigned a glove based key board with a combination of 8-keys which replaces the key-board.

It is working and i can type the alphabets in hyper terminal to.

but i am confused how to control the computer with this glove. should i need any drivers to control it.

what i require is , when i press windows button on traditional key board the start menu would be opening. It means it is sending equivalent ASCII value of that windows key for example let it be 80 in hexadecimal . similarly i used 8-combinations of keys and produced 80H but i could not under stand how to make the OS to under stand that it should open the start menu.

I hope my question was clear. I need to replace the traditional key board with my gloves.

Here i also attached the video of how the 8-keys combination works.

How about using a USB interface instead of serial?

I've recently made a keyboard interface to update an old mechanical keyboard. The USB side of it was very simple, just defining the USB interface on a PIC 18F4550 as a standard HID/keyboard. Then just send the right key codes. The PC knows that it's a keyboard, therefore it uses the built-in keyboard device driver - no programming needed on the PC side. You can even do six-key rollover so that you can type/glove quickly.

I used the USB keyboard example provided by CCS and modified to my needs, but I think Microchip themselves have example code too. Probably there are plenty of such examples around.

Hi thank u for ur replay,
But i am using Atmega32 mcu. i connected to the pc through RS232 to usb converter . can i send the direct ASCII code directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…