Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a Robot Over the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For controlling my robot over the internet I thought about having a laptop with the visual basic program to directly control the robot. Then a second computer with remote assistance turned on can control the laptop remotely over the internet. The program on the laptop controls the robot directly through the USB port. I want to be able to run that program on the laptop form anywhere in the world. Is this possible to do? Is there an easier way to do this?

surely, its not very difficult...
if u want to make it more easy, use PC-Anywhere (u will get this software easily).

Naveed

Theoretically it is possible, and lots of ways to connect 2 computers over the internet. Many documents/software are distributed elsewhere on the internet about this.

But do you think about the troubles on the internet transmission ways/hosts? For example, do you want your surgery robot during an operation after the first dip cut into the patient body then waits for your next commands while these commands in fact were already sent but are getting stuck somewhere on the internet, and nobody is responsible for this delay?

I really do not think that this idea is feasible, at least for the time being.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back