Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control to DC DC not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So for my application I am using the PT4523 DC DC (12V 20W 48V-Input Isolated DC/DC Converter) and to switch the DC DC on and off , I have used the optocoupler tclt1103. The input signal to the optocoupler is 3.3V and the limiting resistor is 1.5K from a MCU.
It works fine for a while and then the DC DC stops responding. When the optocoupler is taken off, the DC DC starts to work.

What parameters should I be looking into in the datasheet?

So for my application I am using the PT4523 DC DC (12V 20W 48V-Input Isolated DC/DC Converter) and to switch the DC DC on and off , I have used the optocoupler tclt1103. The input signal to the optocoupler is 3.3V and the limiting resistor is 1.5K from a MCU.
It works fine for a while and then the DC DC stops responding. When the optocoupler is taken off, the DC DC starts to work.

What parameters should I be looking into in the datasheet?

Can you post your circuit?

Do you need a pull up resistor on the opto collector? or is there a pull up interrnal to the IC? Very occaisionally there is a current drift or build up of charge across the opto and this can be enough to turn it on and keep it on, one solution to this type of problem is to use an opto with an internal shield that is grounded on the secondary side.
You may be able to solve it by putting a 1Meg resistor from the base of the opto to emitter also.

Regards, Orson Cart.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrk

rrk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back