Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control of single phase induction motor and fan through microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaus9952083382

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
it is possible to control single phase induction motor and a fan(220v ac) through microcontroller . if possible, what kind of relays should i use for each of them.

i want to control the speed as well as on and off at fixed interval of time

ok.... one more thing that i wanted to ask is that .... which motor( AC or DC) is better to control( speed , torque, position) with the help of microcontroller

ok.... one more thing that i wanted to ask is that .... which motor( AC or DC) is better to control( speed , torque, position) with the help of microcontroller

It depends on what type of load that you have...any example?

Cheers

ryan

in my application ... i have to move a hollow cylinder along the shaft of 50 cm dia. and weight of 60 kg altogether, as i need to move the drum from stationery position .... so a high torque will be required .. also , i need to control the position ,,, so in this regard ... which motor should i go for .... please mention the specific type if possible

60 Kg is big thing man is as good as a weight of ten-age kid in India....I think you need to have single phase induction motor at least....but As you said you require high starting torque ...In my view you need to explore on universal motor ( AC series motor ) ...Also i am not sure you will get position control with out having any external damping of locking mechanism .....

better refer this -

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Good Luck

do you have any restricted power supply, if not, you can go for the AC with high power consumption otherwise you may need to introduce gearbox motor and apply some gear reduction mechanisms.

thank you sir , for your kind help , how do we actually drive a single phase induction motor or universal motor from a microcontroller(at89c51) ( i mean how to give control signals , earlier i did a small experiment where i controlled a 100w bulb(switching)... through TRIAC and at89c51)... please ...help me

thank you sir ......... actually, i wanted to ask that the link u have s

suggested is on VFD(variable frequency drive that works better for polyphase ...... just let me know how to do switching of these motors

refer some of these -

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00889b.pdf
**broken link removed**
http://documentation.renesas.com/doc/products/mpumcu/apn/sh_family/ret05b0009_sh7137ap.pdf
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/appnotes/00955a.pdf

and most important document which I like was

**broken link removed**

there is plently of material avaliable on net on this topic....I want to ask you one small thing ....did u really know what V/F control means ? or u just keep a post....

Good Luck

sir , i have an overview , of V/f control ..... since i have very less time left ..... i have to decide my selection of motor or interfacing with microcontroller in a short span of time ........ thanks for ur reply ..... i will go through the links and then let u know abt the rest .... anyways thanks sir,,, u seem to have depth idea of the things

Hii,

I ask the question bcz implementation V/F control is very big step in the control of industrial drives.....It has it's own design consideration like power rating , control and modeling of induction motor ....apart from that proper selection of component to match the control and power of drives .....So if you are putting your hand in the V/F control of induction motor .... It is very vast and demanding field in industry .... I will like to help you in case if you have any problems there....

Good Luck

sure sir , i will let u know if i will use that particular control ... anyways thanks for ur kind help u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back