Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

continous impulse response in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjfaisal

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

question to all........

Q: As in continous time impulse response has the amplitude equals to infinity, if we want to plot the convolution of this continous time impulse response with any of input signal x(n), in plot.......the problem will occur........

Please illustrate your answer ....if it is possible to plot in Matlab, with diagram, and if not possible , please give its reason with detail........

if anyone knows Matlab , please help me in this problem..immmediatly

regards

no..u cannot plot an ideal continuous impulse response...thats because infinite amplitude (which u have said..) cant be a value for any variable in matlab...all the variable have some fixed memory(ex: uint16...16 bits). so, there is some fixed boundary to the value that u can specify at the impulse point..but not infinity.

else u can take 1 ( a good value when u take impulse response) at the impulse point and create a continuous signal n get the impulse response though not a ideal one....

dear rakesh ,

i cannot understand you, please give me more clear view/concept..........

regards

hey...
i am sorry for the late reply...but here it is...
as u have said ur goin to take infinite value for the impulse at the impulse point that cannot be a value in matlab....

n i addition to this for continous impulse response u need to take the inpt dynamically which to my knowledge of not possble in matlab....
may be u can do it usin the algo....division- overlappin addtion..in which u divide the incomin input into frames, find the impulse response for it n then add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back