Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Contact Us -- No Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Previously, I had a question about copyright on Blogs at Edaboard. It was asked using Contact Us and got no response. It was asked here and a moderator responded, but there was no response giving Edaboard's position.

More recently, I received negative points (-3) for a post. There were no notifications, nor could i identify a post of mine that had been deleted. Again, since it was a personal matter, I used Contact Us. And again, no response.

So I ask here, what is the purpose of giving negative points? If it is some sort of behavior modification tool, then one must be able to find out the reason. If it is a deleted post, then which post?

Most important, is there a mechanism to address a personal matter without going public in the forum? If the answer is, "contact a moderator," then can we be assured that each moderator speaks for Edaboard?

Regards,

John

Dear John,

According to forum database, the infraction on what you received a negative 3 points on profile occurred on November/2011 but was reversed by the moderator who applied it, few hours later, being therefore no effective.

Regarding to the question you raised on the thread bellow, I presume it was properly answered there on the post #2 and #4. Had you checked to ensure if such restriction really exists ?

Question about copyright of blogs and albums

+++

The -3 points was "awarded" June 6, 2014:

9004613000_1402163049.png

As for the blog, it is a non-issue right now. I think it would be nice if the ownership would add that exclusion to the TOS. In contrast to blogs, I think contributor deletion of posts and like things of content (e.g., articles) should be extremely limited.

Thanks for replying.

John

There are nothing on your recent posts activity which could substantiate any reason for someone delete your profile points. Even considering this possibility, such action would be traceable on forum database history, and there is not any evidence of that.

I can assure such point deletion occurred due to some system awards calculation rule not clear for us. Note that even on my profile we can detect point loss 1 day before the yours, and this was not done for moderators neither administrators.

Awards.PNG

+++

Previously, I had a question about copyright on Blogs at Edaboard. It was asked using Contact Us and got no response. It was asked here and a moderator responded, but there was no response giving Edaboard's position.

The Contact us form is supposed to get you in contact with the Admin, or at least it did while Gulson was the Admin. In case this doesn't work as it should, an alternative would be using personal messages to contact directly the new Admins (https://www.edaboard.com/showgroups.php)

Thanks for the link. I have used the "contact us" dialog to no avail.

There is an adage in sports about never removing points from the scoreboard. If the admin's are interested in some unsolicited advice, I would suggest the same here. That is, never remove points for some error in programming, correction, change in scoring, thread deletion, etc. Of course, for infractions, point deductions remain a valid tool.

Who knows, maybe on August 10th when the earth and moon are in syzygy we will all be awarded an single bonus point in celebration of that event. :-D

John

In the four years I've been a member of this forum, I've observed numerous point deductions NOT attributable to an infraction or other violation of forum policy by the member in question.

These deductions have range from just a few points to several hundred points per member.

A typical scenario which could result in such a point deduction from a member's tally, if two or more duplicate threads posted by the same OP are merged, then any similar/duplicate replies made by other members replying to these threads are deleted in the process, these members would receive a point deduction for any of their deleted posts. Of course, the point deduction in this case does not imply they personally violated any forum policy, rather it results from an attempt to make the resulting merged thread more presentable.

Also be aware, a similar point deduction might result from a member deleting images from their album or posts from their blog.

When the previous forum admin, Gulson, disabled the forum Visitor Message feature, many of the long term forum members experienced point deductions in excess of a thousand points, as disabling the feature also deleted any previous Visitor Messages posted to their member profile page.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.