Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Contact Resistance Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream_taker

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sheet contact resistance calculation

Can anyone tell me how to find the contact resistance for a process. If I draw a huge transistor of w/l with m=x fingers, then how to go abt it.

Tks

you can find it in process techfile

good luck

I think yuo can find in founday design manual. Usually it is in the order of 5~10 ohms per contact.

Yibin.

About contact resistance calculation,it should be included in the foundry's design manual.Usually contact resistance is 0.5 square resistance. The square resitance's value is the resistor that is designed by you.

For RF operation, each contact behaves in a more complex manner. It has to be modeled as an inductance with some capacitance and resistance. The DC resistance is as pointed out above is around 4 ohms per contact. That's why having multiple contacts reduces resistance and improves current flow, and reduces capacitance as well, which may become a high reactance at a certain frequency. Xc=1/(wC)

Check your RF models for a detailed discussion as it relates to the technology that you are using and follow any guidelines there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back