Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Consultant / contractor hourly charges in EUROPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would be interesting to know this, related to
- system design
- hardware design
- firmware and software

Thanks.

Please, explain more about this Andrea!
At moment I need gain extra money and I can work for any company in firmware development area or pcb desig area.

Thanks a lot, Gorkin.

Gorkin,

I was just asking how much does an engineer cost in Europe for an hour of consulting in electronic design (analog, digital, microprocessors, firmware, ....), that is asking people who contract consultants to explain how much do they pay and/or consultants how much do they get paid!

Unfortunately I do not need consultants just now, but why not in the future .........

Andrea

That depends the level of skill/expertise you required. I recall a shoddy contractor in my previous company got paid £100/hr. In my current company, a contractor gets paid £50/hr due to their expertise. I was thinking about contracting, the recruitment agency offered £25/hr to me.

Thanks eziggurat. Please specify your country (UK I suppose...) and the field of consulting (HW, SW, ....) so that we can make comparisons with others.

Hi, Andrea
In Latvia average rate is about 12EUR/h in hardware field.

Andrea said:
Thanks eziggurat. Please specify your country (UK I suppose...) and the field of consulting (HW, SW, ....) so that we can make comparisons with others.

Yes, that is in the U.K. but this are defence contracts. The £50/hr was for a software engineer with DSP knowledge. The 100/hr was for crappy analog and digital skill. The £25/hr was for VHDL design with 3 years experience.

Our design service is paid by certain design, not by time.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.