Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant Current cource for LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratikb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am creating a constant current source for LED to use it as a constant light source for Biosciences experiments.
I have designed a circuit in which there is a Voltage Reference IC 5025I(Texas Instruments) which will provide me with a constant voltage of 2.5 V.
This 2.5 V will be converted into a constant 25 mA current with the help of a high precision V-I converter XTR111(Texas Instruments) which will be further connected to an LED for constant light source.
I have attached my schematic.
The problem I am facing is that there is no output current or voltage to load.
The XTR111 IC is heating a lot!
The ref5025 IC gives proper output when XTR111 is not connected, but just when XTR111 is connected, values of output current,voltage become zero
The Power supplies are as follows:
24V supply for XTR111
5V supply for voltage regulator of XTR111
3.3V supply for REF5025I Pratik2.png

Hi,

the XTR111 is made for analog signal transmission with 4..20mA current loops.

You use it as LED constant current source.
In my eyes this is a expensive solution, but it shoud work.

==> REGF is an OUTPUT. don´t supply it with external 5V. Check this.

[added: ==> OD is an input. to enable output you have to connect it to GND.]

VSP input voltage range is 7V...44V. By supplying it with 24V and a current of 25mA there is 0.6W of dissipated power. Maybe you can lower supply voltage.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.