Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connection of DS90UB913A-Q1 & DS90UB914A-Q1 for HD Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahjoo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are now developing camera module for automotive for HD grade with LVDS solution.

We have done the camera module with image sensor and working fine.

When connect the image sensor module + DS90UB913A-Q1 and using Power Over Coaxial, and link to DS90UB914A-Q1 + SoC board, the image sensor board cannot view and control.

Below is the detail:-

1) As DS90UB913A-Q1 are connect to image sensor module, it was set to have Pixel Clock input to Serializer.

2) The PASS LED and LOCK LED able to turn on when both DS90UB913A & 914A are connected through PoC.

3) After checking, there is no Pixel clock are output from image sensor to DS90UB913A-Q1. On way is we can pre-program in EEPROM/FLASH so that the image sensor able to output the parallel data & pixel clock.

4) My question is:-

a) Does the LVDS for Ser and Der will only be start to function (Connection be establish) and transfer the parallel data when the Pixel Clock are input to the Serializer?

b) The I2C control signal cannot be transfer from Der to Ser or vice versa if there is no Pixel clock input to the Serializer?

c) In normal condition of direct connection, Image sensor are Slave of I2C and the SoC board are Master of I2C.

d) By this case, image sensor+Ser will connect to SoC+Der, and the SoC can't detect the image sensor due to there is no Pixel clock was input to the Ser? Am I right?

Hope Someone can help me on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back