Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting objects to ach other in layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirac16

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have drawn some sketch using Trace tool in the layout environment. I want to connect it to another object using wire. But the problem is that I can not make a connection point on the object I have just created. So I cannot connect it to the neighboring CLine3 as shown below. What should I do?

what.JPG

You didnt write the name of the software but I assume it's ADS. Actually in layout you are drawing the actual physical structure so there is no "ideal" wires but you can physically connect elements through conductors forexample depending on what you want to do. But if you really want to wire the two structures through ideal wires then you could create each of them them in different layouts , create models and symbols for each of them then connect them through a wire in a new schematic and do a Co-simulation.

ADS recognizes PIN-to-PIN Connection as drawn is schematic but also if two metal shape touche each other, Physical Connection is well established.
So since metal shapes touche each other, no problem. LVS will recognize this connection as Physically Connected.
It's not an issue for Momentum too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back