Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Micro To Motor Directly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not advisable to connect a micro directly to motor

Use a transistor to drive the motor and dont forget the reverse diode

Nandhu

but the problem is the design is so small :| and its powerd by 3 volt cr2032 battery
so if I use transistor, the motor drops its torque(rated for 2.75v)! what should I do?

ama_trig said:
I'm using tiny 2313. Can I source current (48mA) by paralleling micro pins?
Try it. I don't see fundamental problems with this approach. Put a capacitor to ground to reduce the brush noise going back to the uC. As Nandhu had suggested, add a reverse diode in parallel with motor (it should be a Schottky diode). Torque may still end up being smaller than rated.

An external switch-mosfet will not drop more power than the build-in CMOS mosfets of the microcontroller itself, the opposite will be true...

Instead parelleling two Micro pins, using a SMD Transistor to switch the motor will yield better current i guess.After all the required current is just 48 ma as mentioned...Cheers

use L298 H-bridge IC, or L293, simple solutions and won't expose you to the danger of "burning" the PIC.

i've tried this kind of project before.
luckily, noting (noticeably) happens to my pic16LF73. :D
IMG_0034.JPG

Dancing miniBOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back