Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting keil uVision debugger to Silicon Labs 8051 MCUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishalmalik_2000

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Silicon Labs 8051 MCUs

Hello,
does anyone had experience with Silicon Labs 8051 MCUs MCU? It seems very good and i am planning to use it in new projects.

It seems it's possible to connect the keil uVision debugger with the JTAG interface of this MCU (via adapter), and debug directly from the uVision IDE.

Have you tried it? It works good?

Thank you in advance!
-vishal

Re: Silicon Labs 8051 MCUs

Hi vishalmalik,
Yes I have used them a lot, I am just waiting to receive the dev. board for their flagship unit that has 2x16bits ADCs to test it out (F06x series).

The are OK, but kind of expensive. the quality of their ADC is not as good as they say on their datasheets but they have an excellent number of different units that can be used in a lot of different applications.

You can debug your unit using Keil SW, but the one that comes with the development package is very limited, and if you choose to purchace the full version it is on the expensive side.

Are you looking at them generaly or you have a specific device in mind? I have used the F015 and F120 in 2 previous projects.

BR,
/Farhad

Re: Silicon Labs 8051 MCUs

hai
I am having a F020 Development kit from them.very easy for debugging with their own Adapter.
How it can be driven from keil? not tried so far !!
now I am driving it from their own IDE which is not very user friendly for editing and all.
Internal oscillator options are not very close to datasheet it seems, I mean they seems to vary in frequency from piece to piece.( not trustworthy for baud rate generation)

Picstudent

Status
Not open for further replies.