Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] connect any mobile with microcontroller by usb cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

engallam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to connect any mobile with microcontroller by usb cable
If the pressure switch is connected to microcontroller
phone Call a number Store in microcontroller

how i can do this
I did not find interest on the Internet!

please help me

i think you can connect mobile using usb but u have to use HOST usb controller so HOST will get information from slave(mobile).

i think you can connect mobile using usb but u have to use HOST usb controller so HOST will get information from slave(mobile).

How can I do this?
Can you help me?

Hello!

USB is quite a hard protocol. Perhaps it is better to use a GSM module connected, by a serial port, to a microcontroller.

Regards

Hello!

USB is quite a hard protocol. Perhaps it is better to use a GSM module connected, by a serial port, to a microcontroller.

Regards

GSM module not available in the market in my country and, The process of buying online is expensive. so, i want use any mobile !

Yes usb itself is very hard protocol to implement and host is more. So go for simple way ...

Look into android. I am not sure if you can use iOS or blackberry. More than likely to use USB with your phone you will need a smart phone that allows you to write Apps. I know I have heard something like this is possible with android phones. You will need to write your own app for the phone.

Why does the phone have to be the slave? With andriod you can make a background service that waits for device to be connected. Then does a custom handshaking protocol for data. Then executes some task with that data.

Look into android. I am not sure if you can use iOS or blackberry. More than likely to use USB with your phone you will need a smart phone that allows you to write Apps. I know I have heard something like this is possible with android phones. You will need to write your own app for the phone.

Why does the phone have to be the slave? With andriod you can make a background service that waits for device to be connected. Then does a custom handshaking protocol for data. Then executes some task with that data.

OK
I will use Android
But how??
my project is simple :
I want when a key is pressed, the phone connects to a specific number!
This is just what I want to do

Status
Not open for further replies.