Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connect 2 antenna to one reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect 2 antenna to 1 receiver ,how this can be implemented?

In general, you can't.

You CAN buy a single dual polarized antenna and hook that up.

You can hook two antennas up to a single radio, but they have to be RF isolated, like on opposite sides of a building. You would use something called a "power combiner" or "power splitter".

what about mimo systems , the research right now is working in such implementations

Khouly

Well, the detailed knowledge displayed in the question is astounding! But, I assume this guy has a receiver with an antenna connetor, and wants to hook up 2 antennas. If you say mimo, he is probably going to look for Marcel Marceau.

There may be more than one solution and right choice depends on what you need. You may use duplexers and diplexers, splitters and switches, some more complex multiinput front end devices and so on. What is your application?

You can attach two antennas to a receiver,
Say in application like Radars for distance measurement , you have one transmitting antenna & one receiving antenna.
So called Transceiver I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back