Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confusion on type of capacitor to be used in SG3524.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhimanyuSingh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While using SG3524, for buck converter, I need to give a feedback to the error amplifier at pin 1. At the output of the error amplifier (pin 9) I have the Caps and Resistors for compensation. Do the capacitors here need to be ceramic disc capacitors necessarily? Or any specific type of capacitors?? Cannot I use Electrolytic aluminium capacitors? The problem arises because I got ceramic bead capacitors of value only 0.1 microfarad, whereas I need a capacitor of very high value there (I might be wrong).

Compensation uses nF order of magnitude usually. You won't find electrolytic capacitors for it.Where did you get the "very high value" idea?

i also want to make the feedback to pin 1 to control the output the voltage but i can't....

i want my output 13,8 v.....

- - - Updated - - -

i also want to make the feedback to pin 1 to control the output the voltage but i can't....

i want my output 13,8 v.....

Dear Pol
Hi
IS isolation important for you ? if not vout=vref(1+R1/R2) . ( with two resistor ) . if yes , with a zener diode and opto coupler or a variable zener such as TL431 . and for compensation , i don't think the value of capacitor be as large as you told ! how you said it ? randomly ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.