Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuring USBtiny ISP for Bascom & AVRdude

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymall

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I posted this information on the MCS Electric Bascom AVR forum but thought I would post here as well in case others have problems in the future.

I recently purchased a usbtiny programmer to use for programming my AVR projects. Despite following several recommendations that I found on this (MCS) forum, I still had quite a bit of trouble configuring AVRdude as an external programmer. Once I got it working I thought I would document it here in case it helps anyone in the future.

Here's what works for me:

Program: "C:\Program Files\WinAVR-20081205\bin\avrdude.exe"
Parameter: -cusbtiny -pm168 -B1 -Uflash:w:"{FILE}":a

I believe my problem had to do with spaces in the file path. The change that finally got everything working correctly was the quotation marks around {FILE}. The -B1 parameter sets the maximum programming speed so, if you are running a slower speed clock, you may need to modify this parameter.

The only thing that would make this even better would be a {CHIP} configuration parameter similar to the {FILE} configuration parameter as mentioned previously on this forum by someone else.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

stone lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back