Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuring an MCP25020 over CAN BUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCravon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a project where i want to make use of the MCP25020 CAN bus IO-expanders from Microchip. It basically lets me read and write to a set of GPIOs from a can bus. I was wondering if it was possible to program the MCP25020 using the CAN bus? The datasheet (section 8.7) mentions In-Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP protocol). However the datasheet also states that i can set registers from the CAN bus. Do i need a device to program this or can i simply configure it over the CAN bus?

If i need an In-Circuit Serial Programming tool, which one do you recommend I use for the MCP25020?

Thanks for any help!

In case anyone else wonders. The conclusion is that an In-Circuit Serial Programming tool is required in order to raise the voltage of the EEPROM to the required level for programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back