Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

concerned with hyper terminal communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARENDRA1234

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we are using rs232 communication using hyper terminal on pc.but when i open the hyperterminal.,it doesnt show me proper window.it has connection type using only tcp/ip connection ..not using com1 port .it asks me host address.what is that?

As long as any serial ports are present on your computer, they can be selected in the Hyperterminal setup dialog. In case of doubt, consult the online help.

please post the snap shot of all the sequence of errors or problems, so that we can help you??????

here in image 2 u can see it shows only tcp/ip connection option.it doesnt show the com port option .how to change it?

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 2.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 102

Does your PC actually has serial ports? If yes, are proper drivers installed?

laptop does not have serial port.. If you have USB to serial cable then you will get an USB port detected, and its corresponding port number is displayed... Is the USB to serial cable driver installed.?????????

So you are using a USB to RS232 cable?
You can check if ti is recognized properly by opening the hardware manager, then look at the Ports(com & LPT) section,a serial port should be listed there.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.