Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am looking for a singlechip solution providing generation of a video test pattern solved in composite video. The test-pattern could be simple colore-bars as an example, or similar.

I have been looking at solutions like the ADV739x series from Analog, they have a lot of extra features though of which I do not need, so I am looking for a simpler solution. I know there is a lot of AVR/PIC solutions out there too but I would like an option which does not need programming but which is hardwired in asic. Controll of the chip could be anything from on/off to a serial interface setting registers to enable/disable the test pattern generation.

Thanks in advance
Vidar(z)

It does take some programming but is almost zero cost: http://www.atv-projects.com/50p_SPG.html

Thank you, I have looked into it. I have been considered doing something similar but still I want to find a chip solution which have embedded testpattern generator. It has to do with production cost etc.

I am quite sure there must be several option available which have testpattern generation as atleast a bi-feature and not necessary main feature like the one I mentioned initially, but i would like more options and perhaps better options and someone with experience with alternative circuits..

Thanks in advance

It can be done with an FPGA: pricier, but single-chip if you pick the right one.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.