Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Composite video testpattern generator singlechip

Status
Not open for further replies.

zainka

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am looking for a singlechip solution providing generation of a video test pattern solved in composite video. The test-pattern could be simple colore-bars as an example, or similar.

I have been looking at solutions like the ADV739x series from Analog, they have a lot of extra features though of which I do not need, so I am looking for a simpler solution. I know there is a lot of AVR/PIC solutions out there too but I would like an option which does not need programming but which is hardwired in asic. Controll of the chip could be anything from on/off to a serial interface setting registers to enable/disable the test pattern generation.

Thanks in advance
Vidar(z)

It does take some programming but is almost zero cost: http://www.atv-projects.com/50p_SPG.html

Thank you, I have looked into it. I have been considered doing something similar but still I want to find a chip solution which have embedded testpattern generator. It has to do with production cost etc.

I am quite sure there must be several option available which have testpattern generation as atleast a bi-feature and not necessary main feature like the one I mentioned initially, but i would like more options and perhaps better options and someone with experience with alternative circuits..

Thanks in advance

It can be done with an FPGA: pricier, but single-chip if you pick the right one.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.