Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

composite interface to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ad723 ntsc

Hi
Later in the year we are going to develop a graphical interface for industrial instrumentation: thermocouples,rtds, pressure, engine speed, CAN bus data etc.

Basically i would like to graphically display these analog and digital values on a television (SCART or composite)

Ideally i would like to achieve graphics similar to these: https://www.dundas.com/Gallery/Gauge/NET/index.aspx?ImgGroup=Other
Volume: 1-999

All i really need is lots of gauges and bar graphs and possibly some xy plots like a oscilloscope i.e. number of analog values trending over time.

Im assuming NTSC/PAL are still the standard? (is there a new digital equivalent i need to target)

Im also assuming all i really need is some form of NTSC/PAL encoder IC like the AD723 from analog devices.

Or do i really need a graphics procssor like the DaVinci from TI? (already using TI processors)

Im NOT looking for circuitry etc just a point in the right direction.

Many Thanks for your help
Best Regards
Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back