Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compiling problem with TCP/IP Stack using ENC28J60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kounista

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build my own ENC28J60 based application. I've already programmed PIC18 microcontrollers using MCHP C18 and i never had problems with that. However, it's the first time i'm using the ENC28J60 with a PIC184620.

After reading the whole AN833 document and examining the demo projects found in the TCP/IP Stack folder, i want to start my own specific application. For that the AN833 provides this very basic code:

**broken link removed**

Since i'm only using UDP and DHCP i included the DHCP and UDP modules in the example above. After modifying the Stacktsk.h file depending on my application requirements (UDP and DHCP) i got this single error when compiling:

"StackTsk.c:182:Error: syntax error" which means i have a problem with line 182 which contains this: ICMP_CODE ICMPCode;

The whole union code in which this identifier can be found is:

union

{
BYTE MACFrameType;
BYTE IPFrameType;
ICMP_CODE ICMPCode;
} type;

Since the Stack manager doesn't need the ICMP.h file to be included (according to AN833) and that i'm only using UDP and DHCP, i commented this line on the StackTsk.h file:

// #define STACK_USE_ICMP

Can someone with a good knowledge on the subject please tell me where i'm doing it wrong? (or if i'm doing it all wrong?)

- TCP IP Stack version used: 3.02
- compiler: MIcrochip C18
- Hardware: PIC18F4620 and ENC28J60

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back