Not open for further replies.

Kounista

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build my own ENC28J60 based application. I've already programmed PIC18 microcontrollers using MCHP C18 and i never had problems with that. However, it's the first time i'm using the ENC28J60 with a PIC184620.

After reading the whole AN833 document and examining the demo projects found in the TCP/IP Stack folder, i want to start my own specific application. For that the AN833 provides this very basic code:

**broken link removed**

Since i'm only using UDP and DHCP i included the DHCP and UDP modules in the example above. After modifying the Stacktsk.h file depending on my application requirements (UDP and DHCP) i got this single error when compiling:

"StackTsk.c:182:Error: syntax error" which means i have a problem with line 182 which contains this: ICMP_CODE ICMPCode;

The whole union code in which this identifier can be found is:

union

{
BYTE MACFrameType;
BYTE IPFrameType;
ICMP_CODE ICMPCode;
} type;

Since the Stack manager doesn't need the ICMP.h file to be included (according to AN833) and that i'm only using UDP and DHCP, i commented this line on the StackTsk.h file:

// #define STACK_USE_ICMP

Can someone with a good knowledge on the subject please tell me where i'm doing it wrong? (or if i'm doing it all wrong?)

- TCP IP Stack version used: 3.02
- compiler: MIcrochip C18
- Hardware: PIC18F4620 and ENC28J60

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…