Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compiler Designer Needed for a Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrick_chi

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I've been working on a microcontroller of my own, and the architecture, low level design phase is done, I am currently running synthesis and post placement simulation, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me write a compiler for this device. I could attempt to write it myself but I'm a realist I not a very good coder ( well at least when compared to an experienced high level coder) so if anyone would be interested in taking on this project to help me out that would be great. Any questions just ask away.

Send a little bit more information about architecture. I have some experience with my own assembler for the extended clone of the Xilinx PicoBlaze. May be I can help you.

bis

Well just tell me what you need to know specifically. The is a personal design of my own so it does not conform to any know architecture. The general information is given below. I would like to have the compiler written for a high level language similar to C++, I don't believe it would be difficult, writting it in assembler would make the coding difficult for the end user, ( Me :) ). Let me know what you need to know and what you want to see in the way of documentation if you plan to take on the project. Most of the information is rolling around in my head, although the chip is practically done.

16 bit addressing

8 bit opcode

32 bit instruction

2 Addressing modes

4 data manipulation modes

220 commands ( So far ).

4 8 bit IO PORTS

16 GPRs

1 32bit counter

2 8 bit counters

Arithmetic and Logic Operations: Add, Sub, Multi, Div, Square Root, square
Accumulate, AND, OR, INV, NAND, NOR XOR,
XNOR, SHIFT LEFT/RIGHT

Logical Compare : Greater, Less, Equal, Greater or Equal, Less or Equal,
not equal

The rest are all the typical instrutions: branches, Loads, Increments/Decrements, Loops, push, pop, store.

Status
Not open for further replies.