Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compensation network forward gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

zereshki

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help for control loop

Hello.
for design a voltage mode control compensation network of smps I need calculate forward gain (G) in 1+GH equation that H is compensation network Gain.
that for forward gain we have : G = Vin * (Ns/Np) * Gm
where:
Ns/Np= trans ratio
Gm= modulator gain

suppose a half bridge smps designed to work for 175 to 280 Volt AC:

1-for Vin which on of this equation must be used:
Vin= 175*√2
or
Vin= 280*√2
2- for half bridge is it necessary consider /2 factor : Vin= (Vac*√2) / 2 or not?
3- in out-put LC filter I use iron powder core for L (314uH). because of non linear BH curve of iron powder cores, by increasing Load that cause increase of inductance current, that make decrease L, so Flc=1/(2π√LC) resonance frequency will be increased. in compensation network design which LC frequency must be used, Flc_max or Flc_min ?

regards

Last edited:

In practice when the response of your plant (the converter) is variable (which it always is), you'll usually have to design the compensation for worst case scenarios. I usually use matlab scripts to show me the closed loop stability under all extreme conditions and just manually adjust the compensation network until things look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.