Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

compensated wilkinson combiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorbra

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody make a comment about this approach?

What´s the diference to convencional wilkinson?

Any papers will be great.

Tks in advance!

Tks.

Let´s to consider a two way combiner, OK?

The conventional wilkinson is like in atached file.

regards.

The question is still fairly unclear but I'll take a shot. A combiner could be a Wilkinson, but I've seen hybrid couplers be used. I think the hybrid is sometimes favored in high power applications since it is physically easier to heat sink the terminating resistor since it must be grounded. The Wilkinson is not grounded and the challenge would be how to dissipate the power to the chassis.

Tks Joe.

But I´m not comparing Wikinson combiner with hibrid coupler.

I´m would like to receice some information about a diferent approach of classical wilkinson called compensated wilkinson.

it seems to me that is included a additional quarter wave transformer section in it.

I would like to get more information.

Regards.

A standard wilkinson works best at one frequency--its midband. At that one point, it has excellent isolation, and a vswr null.

Unfortunately, if you need broadband performance, the isolation and vswr rapidly deteriorate +/- from the center frequency.

By adding an input quarterwave matching section, and adjusting the impednace of the two lines after the split, you can get slightly broader band performance by sacrificing the excellent performance right at the center frequency. Think of it as a chebychev type ripple response.

I would guess that a 2 section standard wilkinson would do better than a one section compensated, but you can do the analysis to see if that was true.

Tks a lot Biff44,

your explanation was worth.

Have you any paper or reference about that approuch?

Regards.

**broken link removed**

Hi

additional papers for multistage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back