Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of simulators used in Power Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenderne

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All:
I am new in using simulator for power electronics design. have found a lot of candidates after google, inculding ADS, simulink, Multiphysics, PowerFactory, SIMPOWER, SAber, SIMetrix, Psim, Pspice, LTspice, really dazzled.

Basically I just want to know their performance comparison in design of control, circuit, structure and analysis in EMI (radiation), thermal and etc.

Any of your comments or opinions would be much appreciated.

For basic function simulation, Pspice is enough.

Hi 'leo-o2', thank you so much for your reply. Have you experienced other simulators? what's your comments about their performance, e.g. speed, accuracy, versatility and etc? any comments are welcome. thanks.

best regards,
tenderne

Hi All,

I just made a comparison summary about various simulators. Please see attachment for details.

As my comparison is all based on paper, all your corrections, comments, supplements or other inputs are welcome. many thanks in advance.

best regards,
tenderne

I used Spectre Turbo and APS. They are much faster.

Hi 'leo-o2', thank you so much for your reply. Have you experienced other simulators? what's your comments about their performance, e.g. speed, accuracy, versatility and etc? any comments are welcome. thanks.

best regards,
tenderne

Status
Not open for further replies.