Not open for further replies.

electronicuser

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i plotted gm/id VS vgs(vsg) curves for nfet and pfet in FINFET technology.The maximum gm/id is 20 for nfet but that is 40 for pfet. why??:shock:

these curves have been shown in following:

(Note: The maximum gm / id for nfet and pfet is similar in MOSFET technology):roll:

thank you

This looks wrong. I have also done gm/id vs. Vgs for N and P MOS transistors in 16nm TSMC and I don't see this behavior. In my case both types of transistors see a rising trend in gm/id as Vgs decreases and reach a value of about 30 for Vgs=0. I have not done this for technologies below 16nm.

Are you using the PTM from Arizona State University? I have observed some weird behavior in those models previously.

thank you. do you have FINFET 16nm TSMC library with independent gates now ? can you send for me?
…………..
no. i use bsim from berkeley. did you plot curves in finfet technology?
…………..
i plotted curves in 55nm finfet technology. did you plot curves in finfet technology?

For obvious reasons I can not send you the TSMC library.

Are you sure that 55nm is a finfet process? Finfets started with 20nm and below.

Yes, I did the curves for 16nm finfet.

thank you. Are you sure that Finfets started with 20nm and below?
how can i find finfet technology?

If you mean if you can find finfet models - you can't unless you work with a design kit for that technology.
If you mean finding information about finfet devices - well, easiest is to search the internet.

Thank you. Yes, I want to find finfet models for simulation. Is a design kit needed for simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…