Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison of division algorithm implementation on GPU and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am searching for the different Division algorithms that are implemented on GPU as I searched about division algorithm implementation on fpga and cpu I found SRT, Newton–Raphson, Goldschmidt division etc. but I did not find such algorithms for GPU implementation. So my question, Is Same algorithms are used on GPU or it has different sort of algorithms to perform division operation (Arithmetic operation). While search i got to know that GPU is Parallel architecture where as CPU and FPGA are more serial or pipelined structure. I didn't find any information related to GPU implementation of Division operation so it will be great help if get some references to find details regarding same. Thanks in advance for your response.

wrong forum, this is for ASIC. Maybe you could try to rephrase your question somehow? Do you want to learn how to write code for GPU?

wrong forum, this is for ASIC. Maybe you could try to rephrase your question somehow? Do you want to learn how to write code for GPU?
Hi,
I already implemented division in asic but now i want to compaire its results with asic base dividers and gpu base dividers. For this i need information about gpu base dividers (division algorithms).

So my question, Is Same algorithms are used on GPU or it has different sort of algorithms to perform division operation (Arithmetic operation).
Perhaps posting this in the Nvidia forums might help.
Here is all ASIC n FPGAs, no GPUs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back