Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator Common Mode Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXRX

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I use comparator from ON-SEMI pn:NCS2200SN2T1G ,
In the attached data sheet it is write the the range of common mode voltage VEE to VCC:

1650377064517.png

but in the Graph the CMV Range is smaller and not reach to supply voltage:
1650377164521.png

How can you explain this CMV difference ?

Attachments

• NCS2200SN2T1G.pdf
    329.1 KB · Views: 133

Hi,
I use comparator from ON-SEMI pn:NCS2200SN2T1G ,
In the attached data sheet it is write the the range of common mode voltage VEE to VCC:

View attachment 175565

but in the Graph the CMV Range is smaller and not reach to supply voltage:
View attachment 175566

How can you explain this CMV difference ?
Input stage architecture, geometries used, and IC design methodology used, and process.....

Is that chart in error ? Datasheet says it common modes to the rails......

Contact the vendor on that one.....I think they cut and pasted from another datasheet.

Regards, Dana.

Input stage architecture, geometries used, and IC design methodology used, and process.....

Is that chart in error ? Datasheet says it common modes to the rails......

Contact the vendor on that one.....I think they cut and pasted from another datasheet.

Regards, Dana.
It is look as an error, it is the same part.

It is obvious that since it has rail-to-rail inputs and outputs that the graph is wrong.
The graph shows a single-polarity Vs from +1V to +6V but shows inputs between -3V (IMPOSSIBLE) to +3V instead of correctly showing inputs from 0V to +6V.

Hi,

6V is the total supply voltage.
I guess (for the common mode voltage chart) it is symmetrically applied, thus -3V and +3V.
And the same ist the common mode voltage range.

Klaus

The only error in datasheet figure 13 is that it's displaying CM range for dual supply voltage although all datasheet tables are exclusively using single supply. Nevertheless it's just illustrating the simple statement "common mode range Vee to Vcc" respectively "rail-to-rail input voltage range".

Status
Not open for further replies.