Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compaq nx6325 unable detect battery level...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamespond

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Compaq nx6325 works fine, but can't detect battery correct level. Allways display 0 or 100%. I tried the batt and charger in another laptop and works fine.
I changed u600(lm393)... get same error.
Any idea?

Sorry! The driver not worked for me. :( This is a hardware error.
I can't understand how it work.

Attachments

• hp_compaq_nx6325_inventec_taos_2.0_rev_a02_sch.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 89

System Maintenance Bus drivers must be installed and is shown in Device Mgr for hardware under hidden device enable> System drivers.
SM Bus. This is how battery info is communicated.

Sometimes it is necessary to uninstall a device, then re-install it. It may work properly then.

To re-install it you might try shutting down the computer (after you've uninstalled the device). Then disconnect power for 30 seconds. Then power up again and see if it detects the device and installs it automatically. Many computer issues are solved by disconnecting power for 30 seconds.

It may be necessary to hide the old driver in a folder so it will not be loaded automatically.

I tried it under windowsXP, vista and ubuntu linux10.10. :(

When does the monitor show 100 percent charge? When does it show zero percent charge?

What happens when you disconnect the AC adapter? Do you see the battery monitor control panel do anything different?

Does it do anything different after having started up the laptop on battery power? Etc.

If the battery can power the laptop okay, then perhaps there is a separate line going to an ADC on the motherboard. Did you replace a chip on the motherboard? Is there any sign of broken traces in the vicinity?

Also look at this thread (as well as other threads listed at the bottom of this webpage):

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/230840/

Sm bus is working. The bios can show the battery serial number.

The computer shows the changes when i connect or disconnect the charger. I will upload fotos.

Now show 0% and powered on until 1h55minutes without charger.

ADC is u604? (TI BQ24703_QFN_28P)

- - - Updated - - -

Sm bus is working. The bios can show the battery serial number.

The computer shows the changes when i connect or disconnect the charger. I will upload fotos.

Now show 0% and powered on until 1h55minutes without charger.

ADC is u604? (TI BQ24703_QFN_28P)

SNC00137.jpg

Last edited:

Now I remember I once had a similar problem with the Battery Monitor control panel. A reading that was way too high.

I eventually solved it. I tried the simple troubleshooting tips first, because the simple things are often where Windows .

One tip not mentioned yet is to remove the battery. Run the laptop on AC for a session or two. Create some change in the battery monitor circuitry, or the monitor software data. Any change might do the trick.

Install the battery again. See if things behave better.

i think you have not genuine AC Adapter. sometimes laptop cannot show battery level cause of duplicate AC Adapter.

Yes! I have a cloned charger. The original accesories is very expensive in my country. :(

So my dear bro try to test with an genuine charger if your any freind or relative have it. Sorry for my bad english.
Yes! I have a cloned charger. The original accesories is very expensive in my country. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back