Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have compaq m2000 laptop no power
i check stanby voltage is ok
power switch volt is ok
but not on

have u check BIOS?? flash or replace it??

The BIOS chip not need for power-up sequence in laptop motherboards. It's make the hardware. And have very fast protection.
Check all electrolitic capacitors/fets near the charging connector and fuse. Change them if possible.

- - - Updated - - -

The BIOS chip not need for power-up sequence in laptop motherboards. It's make the hardware. And have very fast protection.
Check all electrolitic capacitors/fets near the charging connector and fuse. Change them if possible.

i have compaq m2000 laptop no power
i check stanby voltage is ok
power switch volt is ok
but not on

When you say not power on, what does it mean? Nothing happens or any light flashes or tries to come on? Do you feel hard disk starting? Any noise? Give a little more detail if any activity is there then the power button is working and something is happening so we can go a little further, but if it is dead than the power button itself could be a problem. In any case give detailed information as to what really is happening.

The motherboard power-up sequence is non BIOS/CPU function! No BIOS need for power on. The BIOS contains chipset initial codes(bridges,vga,usb...) and low level functions. For example INT21 routines.
When you press the power button, the signal is connected to power management IC's. Not to CPU.
After the power up, the CPU controls the power trough ACPI.

So that is where he should look he says "power switch volt is ok
but not on" So which one is power management ic? Upon pressing the power switch something should happen and supply all other voltages such as +5 volt and power to the hard disk etc. I don't know if he has the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.