Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Companies which offer online free sample ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
get sample from atmel

hey man what is wrong with that ??????

atmel sample order

on atmel how can i pass the fax i dont have fax number plz help

ps: whats the best chip for robotics ????:cry:

muestras gratis de igbt

I`m live in Indonesia, and i have received MAXIM microprocessor samples.. very nice samples:D just dont abuse them..

free samples, atmel

anyone knows where i can successfully get free samples of dacs, regs, opamps, mp3 decoder? how can i get samples from rohm? thanks.

free samples at malaysia

I do not believe that someone received samples from VLSI.
People do not say how to proceed to make the requests.

This is very strange to me. :?

any problems in ordering free sample ic

i ordered samples from maxim, but no luck.

analog devices order free samples

i ask if there is free samples for FPGA like xilinx altera ?
i send request for atmel sample but no response .
how i proseed?
thanks

semiconductor companies offering free samples

Yes.. anyone knows where i can successfully get free samples of xilinx or altera

avr microcontrollers free samples

Oct 24 2008
Microchip stopped sampling globally

If you look at the company's financials, you'll understand:
stock price at the lowest level in over 5 years, and has recently dropped about a third of its value. Income was flat 2007 to 2008, after showing steady climb in previous years. Yet their R+D expenses grew by 30 million. Investors are feeling that their R+D is not generating new sales, and are punishing the company.

When stock prices fall like that, it causes hundreds of millions of dollars of stock value losses to the top tier executives, who usually own A LOT of stock, so OBVIOUSLY, every department in the company is asked to review their operations.
First instinct in the sampling department is to put all sampling on hold until the top gouys can have a meetng, figure out what to do, decide what's their next move, have another meeting, figure out how to sugar-coat the overall picture to the shareholders, etc, etc.

Things move slowly in a large corporation, and in any event, Marketing will generally suggest trying a run without sampling to see if it makes an impact on sales.
The smallest granularity of time in corporate business, is a quarter ( 3 months), so they will suggest one or 2 quarters without sampling to assess the effect.
After this , they will meet again, and if sales are lower ( probably due to factors unrelated to sampling) some guy at the table might say "See??!!.. I told you we would lose sales if we stopped the program..." If sales are higher, somebody might say " Hey, we're getting the money in...Let's re-start the sampling program to bring even more sales in..". These and other similar comments will be largely unfounded and irrelevant, since noone can scientifically compare 3 months of samples to the same 3 months withoiut samples in financial terms --you would need to use 2 identical, parallel Universes to conduct that experiment, and we don't have that.

So you can expect sample blackouts like this to last from 4-8 months ( 1-2 quarters, + time for meetings) and the outcome to be largely influenced by some subjective, best-guess estimates of what will make the numbers look better in the annual report.
Keep in mind that the cost of 500 students abusively ordering samples is about $50,000, while Microchip's yearly losses from sales of capital equipment and other small mistakes they made is 2-3 million dollars, which is , in turn, the smallest loss number on their financial statements, amidst revenues of $1.1 billion, and overall expenses of $240 million.
Whether they sample or not, that cost is below the noise floor in their annual reports.

National Semiconductor stopped sampling for 3 months in 2007 (Sep-Nov). Fairchild stopped sampling for 7 months in 2007 ( Apr-Nov). The process is the same.

Added after 33 minutes:

One more thing:

The guy(s) in charge of sample administration is in a precarious position.

If he comes to an operations meeting armed with documentation that shows the sample program is being misused -- that's the end of the sample program. AND ... that's the END OF HIS JOB

In good economic times, when companies are generally hiring, that employee could be confident that, if his department closes, he will be re-staffed in another department.

BUT TIMES ARE BAD currently. Companies are NOT hiring, but starting to shrink staff.
IF his department closes, there will most likely NOT be another position waiting for him elsewhere in the company, that he qualifies for.
This is the equation
GOOD Times= more sampling = sampling department jobs
BAD times= no sampling = no samplng jobs.

That guy needs to be smart, to look after his own interests too.

analog devices amostras brasil

Does anyone know whether Xilinx gives sample FPGA? If yes, please show me how to request some!
Thanks in advance.

list of companies that are giving free samples

dacadc said:
I got samples from https://www.microsemi.com

I agree completely that Philips is terrible. Our distributor wanted to order minimum 100 pieces of chips.

i have sample from phillips (now NXP), i think if you explain with your purpose ecsply for education (final year project) you can easy to get it....but it depend on your dstributor, (maybe)....

Reed relay

Where can I get free sample of:

reed relays

anyone=?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back