Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common-mode feedback in the full differential opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common-Mode feedback tutorial

Common mode feedback is in general needed since the PMOS current source
and the NMOS input devices in a diff amp always have an error between
themselves.

This error when multiplied by the vast output resistance of the opamp creates
the common mode imbalance.

daisyinfall said:
In my opinion,the R and C generated a zero,not a pole.
I think the R and C generate both a pole 1/R(C+Cg) and a zero 1/RC, where Cg is the gate capacitance of the input transistor of the CMFB amplifier.

The resistors for CM signal detector is offern N-well res.so the parasitic cap from n-well to sub is unavoidable, and woe may call it Cp. Cp effects as Cgs(in out cap of cm amplifier), will create a pole 1/[R(Cp+Cgs)],and this pole will degreation the stability of cmfb loop.
after parallel cap Cc has been added,we will seen a pole/zero pair.
sp= 1/[R(Cc+Cp+Cgs)]
sz= 1/(R*Cc)
If Cc much bigger than Cp+Cgs,so this pz pair can compensation each other. So, this cap is added to insuation the stability of cmfb loop.

hope helpful!

the gain is low for such cmfb

yyliang said:
I am designing a op amp,the first stage is differential output and the second stage is single-end output,need I add a CMFB circuits to the op amp for the first stage?

no

the capacitor is used to generate a zero which stop the CMFB from osccilation

how does the common mode DC voltage change? stable or?

Mistico_Pereyra said:
joskin said:
In the full differential opamp,the common mode signal detector is formed with two resistors in parallel with two capacitors in most cases.
What's the function of the capacitors?
What will happen without the capacitors?

You can learn about this in the nex file:

I want to know also, i have to do a project. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back