Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Commercial ±12V output power supply module with DC input lm317-337 based

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_76

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i'm looking for a commercial Power supply with lm317 - lm337 or something similar but that must have DC input .
All commercial solutions i've found have AC input so require a transformer with central wire and i want to avoid this:-(..

I've found only this https://www.ti.com/tool/pmp8372 .. I really appreciate if you can suggest me some alternative solution like this.:grin:

The commercial solution that you've seen with AC input they assume that people would normally use their mains supply(240 V,50 Hz) to power their Power Supply Unit. After the transformer and bridge rectifier,the AC is converted to DC and as you need 12 V output it may be around 15-18 V at that point.

If you want you can remove the transformer & bridge rectifier & use your DC power supply at that point. Do you intend to use batteries as a source of DC power.Just place your batteries at that point.
What is your load ???

Hello Rahdirs,

thank you for your answer!
Do you mean that if i buy following product and use a 24VDC input instead 2X24AC this circuit will work the same ?

But what about the central wire of the transformer used a reference-GND? If i use single 24dc i'm wondering how it can work the same...

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.