Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COM ports in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raveesh

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have checked the available comports in , mycomputer->manage-> device manager->ports(COM&LPT) .
Only one port is available i.e COM2 , what happen to the other comports (COM1 etc), how to retrieve/display the port under ports(COM&LPT) .) ..

regards
Ravee

it may be renamed as port 2.. you can change it in going to properties of com port-> port settings -> advanced and change com port number to 1 and save it, what ever system prompts ignore it.. make sure that you dont have multiple ports and port 1 is not used.. restart the system and see port number must be changed.

Hi,
Yes I can do that, But see all the comports (COM1,COM2,COM3 etc) under the ports(COM&LPT) .. becoz long back I was geeting all these and I want to use them now ..

regards

it will show only the ports available in the system.. if you connect any dongle or bluetooth, then they create virtual ports and that you can see in the list.

Hi,
Earlier I used to see those ports(when OS was freshly installed ) ,, but now only one port I could see..

I notice the same behaviour at some PCs.
My personal Laptop ( DELL ) shows only one port, but the corporate Laptop ( HP ), show dozens, and I can´t believe the OS had instantiated all that ports.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.