Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

COM EXPRESS Motherboard for Intel Atom N550

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernmystery

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I write software and did electronics at A-Level (16 - 19 school) so only have an elementary understanding of the whole arena.

I'm currently putting together a couple of hardware based projects as part of my own venture and have a niggling issue - the development costs incurred around purchasing the motherboards holding my CPUs.

Considering that Intel have published reference designs for motherboards holding their Atom chips, what would it take for a decent electronics engineer to build one of these boards?

Is it a matter of needing equipment to get it done or is the amount and nature of work such that is requires a professional big-company-backed team?

If I could meet and partner with someone or some people who could do this kind of thing it would make a HUGE difference to the numbers on my business plan and impact on product ideas I have going forward.

I'm currently looking at a taiwanese company's product:

**broken link removed**

I know everything on this board can be purchased, so by looking at this board and Intel's reference designs, how hard is it for a decent electronics engineer to build these things?

Please post with any comments as I need to really understand what the average electronics engineer is capable of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back