Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coiled wire in controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobile marine

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm going to try and attach a picture. I'm an auto and marine electrical tech. I installed a tv lift on a client boat and everything was working great. Then it just stopped. It's a 24vdc motor that is powered through this controller.

The indicator light comes one for a split second then goes out. I have 30vdc getting to the board, here. I took the cover off and there was the black coiled wire just sitting there not connected and I don't know where it goes. Any suggestions? Thanks

No luck posting pics

No luck posting pics

There are several ways to attach an image.

The following How To will guide you through the use of three of those methods.

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/339604/

You also may have to allow temporarily popups in your browser.

Please do not use external image or file sharing services to post images or files within this forum.

Contact a moderator if you are still experiencing difficulties.

I will merge your reply containing the image with your initial thread post.

BigDog

Have you tested that the "lift" system is not seized? Try taking covers of the motor and gently tweak the armature around (it will have a BIG reduction gearing) and see if the TV moves. Its just that the flash of the LED might mean the power supply is going into current limit and its output is going down to 0V.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back