Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coffee Pot Gooseneck Spout that Traps Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrotechnik

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am redesigning my gooseneck kettle spout because I want it to trap as much heat as possible.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could modify my gooseneck spout to better trap the heat inside? I was thinking like a miniature swing check valve that had 0 resistance. Or a ball valve of some sort.

These are just some ideas. Any others?

Does the spout whistle when water boils? A cap would interfere with that.

There is the idea of a metal disk over the spout. Put it on a hinge. To fabricate it will be intricate work.

Is the kettle silver plated? Whatever method you attach something to it, would detract from the appearance. Steel epoxy, tack-welding, tiny screws. All have their disadvantage. Soldering might be all right (if you're not afraid of it leaching lead).

The spout end is open - so there is no whistle on the end.

I am wondering if there is an alternative to the hinged disk method.

Are there miniature one-way ball valves that I could usE?

What make you think that open mouth is the main problem causing heat loss? Any indications for that? I would expect it's exposed surface.

- - - Updated - - -

My grandma's solution was a coffee pot cozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back