Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code Compressor for .asm file of PIC microchips

Status
Not open for further replies.

abidr

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Q is bit strange but I was wondering did anyone has the experience of using code compressor software for PIC microchips in order to make the code shorter and stuff it inside a smaller PIC chip.
If any one has the idea I would appreciate if a link is posted towards that.
Thanks in Advance.

Could any PIC Programming Expert comment on this please?

I don't think it possible to compress any portion of code!
To make your code smaller , you can Write Directly in ASM!

Regards
Cortex

Code compression only makes sense when the code size saving is greater than the size of the program that does the compressions / decompression.
As for a PIC, you would probably need to use very large PICs just to fit the compressions / decompression algorithm.
Or in short form, this is not feasible.
Robert

well thanks to you both:
heres the problem software was originally about 36k, so it was fitted in 18F452 after reviewing it, removing a few extra variables, and LCD out commands now it is aroung 21 K, still big enough to Fit a 16F877A.
As I did see a couple of code compressors I though there could be one for PIC MCU which could help me fit this code into a 16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back