Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Code Composer Studio Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie.za

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to share my CCS experience, and problems, in using CCS.
I'm working with a LOGICPD board for evaluating a C6748 Texas Instrument DSP (this is my first time with DSP and I have experience with 8bit micro programming).

I suddenly found CCS a rich, but heavy, enviroment and I've always had problems with jtag, problems that change on the base of PC configuration.
For example, at the beggining I used a notebook with Windows 7 which chrashed (sometimes) when terminating the debug section.
Now, installing the same CCS for the same board on a new desktop PC, still running Windows 7, jtag is 3 time slower.
I spent 3 days to understand the problem, without solution. USB ports are 2.0 in both PCs.

I don't spend time to describe other CCS problems, like slow project activation, memory window sometimes without control, etc.

Did you experience similar problems? How can I figure out if my last installation problem is due to my pc configuration or something else?
New suggestions of how to operate with DSP? Any reply will be useful.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.