Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

coax in momentum...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Maria.

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...
how to design coaxial feed for antenna patch in momentum/ads...

I think that put the port in the right place on the antenna patch is sufficient

Attachments

• antenna.JPG
    antenna.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 59

If you are simply drilling a hole through the board, running the center conductor through the hole, and soldering it to the top-layer copper, then simply placing an Internal port at the feed point should be sufficient. Going to a full 3D EM solver like HFSS would give you the "real" solution, but for what Momentum can do (2.5D), this approach will give you a reasonable approximation.

please , from your answer , I realized that HFSS is more accurate than momentum , its right?

please , from your answer , I realized that HFSS is more accurate than momentum , its right?

For 3D EM structures, yes, HFSS is better than Momentum. For a simple patch antenna, Momentum will be more than sufficient to model that structure. You don't really need to model the fields around the launch, so going to a tool like HFSS would be overkill. Using an internal port, like you have shown, will give you good simulation results (assuming your settings are correct.... edge mesh, metal thickness, etc.) I use ADS Momentum for the vast majority of my EM simulation needs, since it's all planar-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back