Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMRR simulation in hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

waosai

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm using hspice to simulate the CMRR of opamp. The method I used is from P.E.Allen's book. The configuration is shown in the picture.

The difference is I used two vcvs to replace the original independant source. I think this is equivalent. But when I run it, hspice said "**error** inductor/voltage source loop found ...". I think it must come from the input "vi” and the two vcvs.
But I can't figure it out.

Anybody can tell me where the problem is? Thanks!

waosai said:
But when I run it, hspice said "**error** inductor/voltage source loop found ...". I think it must come from the input "vi” and the two vcvs.
But I can't figure it out.

Anybody can tell me where the problem is? Thanks!

That error is often caused when your circuit can create infinite current. In your case a voltage source feeding a voltage source. Putting a tiny resistor between them should solve it. 1milli ohm for example.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.