Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock generation in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

3wais

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using design compiler to generate a clock as following:

create_generated_clock -multiply_by 1 -duty_cycle 15 -source CLKIN_X2 [get_ports MUX5/sel]

this should create a %15 duty cycle clock and tie it to MUX5/sel but it doesn't. in my netlist MUX5/sel is connected to ground. why?

create_generate_clock, just indicate the signal starting from the ports MUX5/sel is a clock, related to CLKIN_X2, with a certain mutiplication factor and ratio factor, but DC will not generate for the logic to generate this logic.
I think you miss something in the design philosophy.
RTL made the logic.
DC transforms this code into netlist, only test structure like scan, scan-kompression, specific addition test point, or really specific stuff are inserted by DC or any synthesis tool, you must avoid netlist creation in DC as you did not validate it during the simulation phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back