Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Clock definition after inserting DFT signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolySaint

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a clock named clk
after some logic i got some other clocks, just like clk2, clk3......
when i set dft signal , do i need to add clk2, clk3...
??

about dft signal

Hi,

in DFT insertion the clock definition is based on your sepc.if you want to use single clock as a scan clock u can define that clock "clk" as u r scan clock and the tool will fix the "clk2", "clk3" with the "clk" in dft mode. The clk should be a primary input.

if you wants to have 3 diffrent scan clocks u can declar the clk,clk2,clk3 as scan clocks the tool will not fix the clk2,clk3 logic with the "clk".
what ever the clocks u define as scan clock should be an input.

Thanks,
ramesh

HolySaint

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
about dft signal

i know
but when the clk2 is a pin, an has nothing to do with clk(port), what should i do?

about dft signal

hi,

As you know DFT tools are smart enough to fix clock related issues.

Make sure of following points.

1. Make sure that all flops will be controlable with the scan clk, ("clk" in your case). As far as all the scan flops in your design got "clk" as scan clock (all flops should be controllable with your "clk"), you dont find any clock related issues else you will see issues with the scan insertion.

2. If clk2, clk3 .. are generated clocks from "clk", just bypass the generated clocks with the scan clock ("clk" in your case).

3. It is preferred not to use multiple clocks as scan clocks instead use a single clock as scan clock unless your DFT requirements demands multiple scan clocks.

Hope you've got an idea.

Regards,
SunilB.

HolySaint

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back